By Nick Hathaway – roguemedia.org
There have recently been a few tragic incidents involving mass shootings by what seem to be hapless and insane individuals in the U.S. All politics and viewpoints aside, these events are tragic, and should be avoided. But, not at all costs. That solution, “fix the problem, at all costs,” is what is driving this country over a cliff that we will never be able to climb out of, if we keep current course.
Mentally deranged people should probably be monitored alot more than just making sure they don’t own firearms, god forbid we allow a lunatic to pump gas and blow everyone up at the local gas-station as well. I hope u get the point, everything we do on a day to day basis while daydreaming of something else is dangerous. Take driving your car for example, most people think nothing of it. That is most likely the single most lethal thing americans do on a day to day basis.
Black Panthers, on the steps of the state capitol in Sacramento, CA
Instrumental in the fight for civil liberties that happened over the last 50-100 years.
Gun control, and the new fervor for passing into law some draconian ideals that are fueled by sensationalist media campaigns on the evening news should not escape anyone’s notice. One side will argue that these [mass killings] should never happen again, the other will argue that we need to uphold the 2nd Amendment, both sides are right.
However, despite the debate that ensues after every one of these incidents there are a few things to keep in mind ::
1) Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither ( Ben Franklin, founding father of the United States of America ). I mean no dis-respect to him when I paraphrase this to say, ‘you are responsible for your own safety and well being, make smart choices and keep yourself armed.’
2) Keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens only makes the problem worse, in that case all the criminals will have guns and no one but the police state will be around to save you.
3) All of these recent incidents have numerous reports from eye witness’ that say there was more than 1 shooter. This should raise a huge false flag to anyone that cares about the truth of the news reports they hear.
4) Mentally unstable people should probably not be allowed to have weapons that are intended to kill large amounts of people all at once. This may actually include gasoline at filling stations, let’s be honest.
5) Our own government has been involved in supplying people, that most of society would view as mentally unstable, with automatic [ i.e. illegal] weapons that EVEN NOW BEFORE NEW LEGISLATION, CIVILIANS CAN NOT BUY OR OWN !!!! (cough , cough, Fast and the Furious Scandal, MK Ultra, Iran Contra Scandal, not to mention the laundry list of U.S. law officers that have come forward to say that the C.I.A. is involved in a domestic drug cartel, the list is virtually endless.)
6) We already live in a fascist police state, and the time to claim and hold on to your 2nd amendment rights is NOW !
7) A smart criminal that really wanted to could build his own assault rifle, with or without gun control, and do the same things that have happened in these recent cases of violence. Including building their own ammunition, the fact is it is fairly easy, and all the tools are available to anyone willing to take the time to do it. If you are worried about psychopaths with automatic assault rifles, gun control legislation will not help you.
8) After passing the recent NDAA, which allows indefinite detainment WITHOUT TRIAL of anyone (including US citizens) the executive branch of government decides is a terrorist, they can send you to guantanamo. REAL FACT. It’s current law in the U.S. after Obama’s executive order, and that means he has every reason to disarm the populace.. . What better time, disarm everyone, and then any “insurgents (read, people that don’t agree with the master plan ) “ can just be held in offshore prisons where we don’t have to account for anyones health, security or well being…
9) When political protest becomes illegal, and as you have seen if you are awake by now, peaceful protest is met with violent police state, fascist style repression, not only in the form of beating and subdueing protesters and activists… But, also in the form of mass media repression of the topic. The major corporate backed news networks simply refuse to cover any protest action, as if they can totally ignore the communication links already building within the masses.
The future of this planet, and our children’s children, and those to come after depend on us.. Let’s make our voice heard, I for one want to live on a planet that is sustainable.